Online video ads are one of the fastest-growing ad formats. Stats show that online video ads are getting three times more clicks on average than other digital ad formats, including mobile, display, and rich media ads. If you aren’t already involving videos in your marketing strategy here is why now is the time to invest in a video as you number one advertising choice:
- By 2017 almost 75% of internet traffic will be video. This is what’s, obviously, making video the “hottest” advertising format in the near future and further on. An estimated 85% of Internet users regularly watch a video.
- 65% of the world’s population are visual learners, which is making video a great tool to capture customers’ attention.
- During the past year, for the first time, digital video advertising spend nearly matched to television spending, and revenue growth from online video advertising is expected to continue in 2015.
- Brands have found video formats highly effective in engaging users and delivering stronger brand stories, especially when it comes to sharing their video content on social networks. Even 93% of marketers use video for online marketing, sales or communications, and 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- Video content shared on Facebook may serve you as a great call-to-action button when it comes to engaging, informing and attracting your audience. And now more than ever, as the latest stats show, Facebook video views continue to rise.
- Images, videos and other rich media have been proven to receive more views, clicks and shares than plain text tweets. John Lee, manager, a digital marketing solutions provider have stated that “Images and videos drive three to four more clicks on Twitter.”
- The video is becoming even more popular with the mobile consumers. People are using more mobile devices, and mobile video consumption is growing rapidly, giving advertisers a way to reach consumers quicker than ever. Mobile video is one of the fastest growing segments in digital advertising. IAB, IAB Europe & IHS revealed their global figures for mobile advertising revenue, which increased 64.8% to $31.9bn (€23.9bn) in 2014, compared to $19.3bn (€14.6bn) in 2013.
- Google is testing promoted video ads in search results, claim the sources familiar with the company’s future plans. The search video ads have come up in discussions between Google and the ad industry as this format could bring some extra bucks in the marketing and advertising industry. Many experts believe that this could change the way brands approach search marketing if promoted videos were introduced more widely.
- The fact that tech industry’s largest companies have banded together to boost the quality of online video only prove the importance of online video in tech and advertising industry. The new Alliance for Open Media seeks to create new online video compression technology by 2016 or 2017 designed to make better use of the networks that deliver online video to smartphones, computers, streaming media devices, video game consoles and TVs.
Due to these stats, we can safely say the growth in online video advertising will continue to accelerate, and brand marketer professionals must find a way to make the best use of it.