Creating a targeted content, nowadays, is a perfect solution to reach your targeted group and get their true affection. What better way to do that then getting to know them better, their interest, their beliefs. That is what ‘narrowcasting’ your content is all about, boosting your audience engagement and conversion through well tailored targeted message. Designing targeted content requires identifying and knowing your targeted audience’s interest, beliefs, aspirations, but firstly, you need to identify your targeted group.
Identify Your Targeted Audience
The best way of getting your marketing messages across to the right people is to identify your targeted audience and speaking directly to them. When you have a really clear picture of exactly who you want to reach with your message, you’ll do a better job of creating a Narrowcasting. Start by answering these questions and do a research across the internet:
- Who is your target group? (start by identifying their demographics: location, age, gender, income level, education level, occupation)
- What are the psychographics of your target group (personality, attitudes, values, interests, lifestyles, behavior)
- What are their professionally and personally goals?
- How can they benefit from your service and you exactly can you help them?
- What pain point do you solve that’s worth highlighting in your content?
- How can you reach them?
- Where do they consume content and what particular type of content they consume the most?
Narrowcasting With Video Content
Using a specific video to reach to your niche can be a good choice of content, as stats say 70% of marketers plan to increase their use of original visual assets this year. Marketers usual advice is: the more specific your video is, the better results you will have when it comes to conversion, because it won’t get burdened by unqualified viewers and it will directly affect the usage of your service. Here are few general examples of an effective and well-targeted video content that you can use while narrowcasting your message:
- FAQ videos, Video ads, and How-to videos are the types of videos content recommended as great tool to build awareness, and, at the same time, educate and inform your customers about the value your company provides. Making your narrowcasting content helps your message to be clearly understood since it gives you the privilege to use the specific terms while creating it, which are usually well known to your target group. Through these videos, they can be definitely informed about the specific aspect or activities and the benefits of your services.
- Explainer videos, Profile, and Welcome videos are a great way to engage with your target group and share with them more information about your business. The most effective examples of explainer videos usually tell a story using a character and situation, easily identified with the viewers. By offering them a solution to their problems through the explainer video, specifically tailored to the interests of your target group, you build credibility and trust within your niche as well.
Share Your Video Content
We are all aware of the advantages of sharing your content on social networks as the are becoming more and more popular. There are nearly 1.4 billion Facebook and 284 million Twitter active users. Social media is the perfect place to connect with your potential audience, either by sharing your targeted content or by participating in an interesting discussion providing them with more info about your solution/service. You will determine if you should promote the video content on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, your blog, your website product page, or combine any of those. Social media gives you the great opportunity to get your message out there, interact with the audience and enable them to pass your message forward.