Mobile devices are becoming the first thing people look at when they wake up and the last thing they see before going to sleep. Currently, figures show there are 3.65 billion unique global mobile users, and around 50% of the world is connected to a mobile phone. For all marketing experts and advertisers those figures only mean one thing – mobile users are a target as the perfect niche throughout every company’s content marketing campaign. But if you are not convinced yet, here are more pieces of evidence of the mobile video domination you need to go through:
- Mobile video can represent a perfect tool to capture customers attention, as 65% of the world’s population are visual learners.
- In 2014 mobile video accounted for 55% of total mobile data usage according to Cisco.
- More than 44% of all video views took place on a mobile device during Q2 2015, which represents a 74% increase compared to the previous year.
- The Q2 Ooyala stats predict mobile will account for 50% of all video plays by the end of this year.
- People Spend More Time In Apps Than Watching TV – Flurry’s report shows U.S. consumers are nowadays spending their free time away from TV, mainly using apps. Stats indicate that the average U.S. consumer is spending 198 minutes per day using apps, compared to 168 minutes they spend watching TV. Flurry’s predicts that in-app purchases will reach the $33 billion mark in 2015. Time spent using apps is increasing while the time spent on TV hasn’t changed from Q2 2014 to Q2 2015.
- IAB, IAB Europe & IHS research shows that global figures for mobile advertising revenue have increased to $31.9bn in 2014, compared to $19.3bn in 2013. The mobile display showed the highest growth (88%), overtaking search as the dominant segment. Display represented 47.4% of the total global mobile advertising revenue in 2014.
- According to eMarketer’s stats, mobile ad spend will reach $100 billion worldwide by 2016.
Optimise your mobile video experience via Brid.TV