Based on second quarter 2015 earnings for Twitter and Facebook announced on Tuesday and Wednesday, 63% of Twitter users and 63% of Facebook users claim they follow them as a source for the latest news about events and issues. The difference is that 59% of Twitter users say they follow breaking news on Twitter, while only 31% of Facebook users say they to the same on Facebook.
Quick overview of the latest Facebook and Twitter stats:
- There were 968 million daily active users on Facebook during June 2015.
- There were 844 million mobile daily active users on this social network on June 2015.
- 1.49 billion monthly active Facebook users has been spotted as of June 30, 2015.
- There were 1.31 billion mobile monthly active Facebook users as of June 30.
- Around 83.1% of Facebook’s daily active users were outside the U.S. and Canada.
- Twitter had 316 million monthly active users as of June 30, 2015.
- 500 million tweets were sent per day as of June 30, 2015.
- There were 80% of active users on mobile as of June 30, 2015.
You can check out the rest of stats here: http://www.reelseo.com/facebook-video-twitter-video/