BridTV has always been focused on maximizing revenue through top-quality video technology. Any web publisher relying on our groundbreaking video tech is given a monetization solution that can easily be implemented via intelligent and well-optimized developer tools. Satisfied web publishers have made it clear just how efficient our video platform is at maintaining stable income for them, in addition to being their platform of choice when it comes to monetization and video management. However, developers are also one of our top concerns. We hold their needs and ideas at heart. Our entire infrastructure is a system created by developers for developers. Following our WordPress plugin platform upgrade, we are eager to report that if you wish to have Drupal integration for BridTV you can happily do so.
BridTV Fine-Tuned for Developers
The current Internet landscape has seen the rise of one CMS after another, albeit only a handful remain at the center of attention, such as:
Having the right tools isn’t just important so we can cater to developers, but it naturally leads us to more technology optimization, and in turn, to better products. From our experience as developers and tech creators, we’ve come to understand that building custom solutions is by far the best way to go when you’re reaching for that next step in your business strategy. Brid solutions are quick and easy.
WordPress vs. Drupal
The ever-thriving developer community is seeking more tools, assets and solutions to streamline their workflow.
To reiterate, we have recently launched a major upgrade to the BridTV WordPress Plugin. From a developer’s perspective, WordPress is by far the fastest and probably easiest CMS dev and content management platform to get into. If this is your CMS of choice, you’ll be glad to know that the BridTV WP Video Plugin doesn’t require you to leave the WordPress work environment. In fact, all you need from the Brid CMS is available in WP. This allows developers, publishers and content managers to continue working within a system they are used to.
One of the benefits of this plugin is being able to utilize ad tag monetization and ad tag analytics; seeing as the BridTV Video Plugin 3.0 is fully integrated and merged with the BridTV Analytics Engine 2.0. There are many advantages here. For example, the newly incorporated analytics can be used with the BridTV WP Plugin such as analytics per playlists, analytics per video, analytics per ad tag and so much more. Other features are as follows:
- Fast and lightweight HTML5 player
- VAST 3 & 4 and VPAID 2.0 support for video monetization
- Outstream ad units
- 33+ custom designed HTML5 skins to use
- Responsive player sizing
- …and so much more.
There are many reasons why people stick to using WordPress for all of their web dev endeavors, the main being that WP simply answers to all of the basic needs. However, if you’re looking for something a bit more complex; for instance, a website that requires robust functionality, then you might want to consider turning to Drupal. The key difference here when compared to WP is that anything in Drupal may take considerably longer to implement.
There’s already an available solution for integrating BridTV into Drupal. Here’s a bit more info:
- The module integrates with the Media system and Paragraphs, if installed.
- The module has been initially build to work with the Thunder distribution. If you’re using a different system and experience problems, feel free to report your problems in the issue queue.
Available BridTV features in Drupal:
- A new media type “Brid.TV Video” (requires the Media system to be installed)
- A new paragraph type “Brid.TV Embedded Video” (Paragraphs module required)
- Optional synchronization of the videos with the provider for developers: multiple services for using video data from Brid.TV.
Further planned features (not existing yet):
- An entity browser for browsing through existing Brid.TV Videos (requires the Entity Browser module to be installed)
- An upload section for directly uploading new videos to Brid.TV.
If you’re interested in BridTV Drupal integration, head over this way.
BridTV – Always by Your Side