So, you have your online video business set up, and are already monetizing, but now you’re interested in migrating from one video player to another? Well, you’re in the right place. Should you feel inclined to switch platforms we can handle all content migration for you. We offer you the opportunity to move from one system to another swiftly and easily; no matter what you’re using right now — Brightcove, JW Player, Playwire.
Important note: If you give us API access to any of these platforms (Brightcove, Playwire, Jw), our dedicated dev team will carry out the migration process of all of your assets free of charge. On the other hand if you wish to handle things on your own, you can do so via MRSS (with the instructions below).
Importing Videos When Migrating
Okay, one of the regular questions we get from publishers who migrate to our video platform, is: how to import videos? That’s right, BridTV gives you a chance to import videos via MRSS feeds directly onto our platform, thus ensuring that you properly upload and monetize your video content. First thing is first, once you set up an account, we will unlock an “Import Videos” option for you. Here’s how it works:
- Login into the CMS.
- Select a site from the MANAGE VIDEOS option on the main left-hand menu.
- Expand the VIDEOS section and click on the ADD FEED option under IMPORT MRSS.
- Paste your MRSS feed URL into the appropriate input field.
- Name the MRSS feed so that it’s instantly recognizable in your feed list.
- Check the ‘Encode imported videos’ option to trigger the encoding and hosting process, handle by the Brid platform.
- Enable “Automatic sync” – for an MRSS feed that’s dynamic and it gets automatically populated with new content, you need to keep this option enabled for your feed. Then just select a sync refresh period.
- Associate all videos from your feed to go directly to a custom made playlist. This is done by selecting a playlist from the “Associate content with playlists” section.
- Click SAVE.
Another thing you should note is that BridTV offers 2 additional customization options when you import an MRSS video feed:
Option 1: Import videos from the feed only if selected tags are present in <media:keywords>
Option 2: When the import process kicks-off, you’ll be able to append multiple tags to all videos automatically.
Encoding Imported Videos
The beauty part when migrating to the BridTV video platform is just how smooth the transition is carried out. Once you’ve moved from one platform to another, all you have to do is enable the option to Encode Imported Videos (this is accomplished in the import settings area). When this is enabled, our system is going to encode all the videos that are currently in your MRSS feed. Once you’ve encoded your videos, they will be hosted on our CDN to ensure optimal delivery. This particular aspect also denotes other benefits. Namely, we create multiple video renditions, in addition to snapshots and more. Also, should forget to ‘check’ this option, BridTV imports your videos as is, meaning they carry on being served from the URL noted in your MRSS feed.
Associating Content With Playlist
As soon as you’ve migrated you can enable this option as well. With this option, just add all videos from your MRSS import URL directly to a custom-created user playlist within the Brid system. The best part of this system is easily importing videos, which are then automatically categorized into playlists. Easy peasy.
Feel free to contact us if you need further help with the migration process.