For quite some time now, BridTV has offered a variety of solutions and features for that give publishers an opportunity to monetize their videos. Widening the specter of opportunities with new and improved technologies, we are able to go beyond the norm once more.
With the latest effort of our dev team, we have incorporated a all-new handy, and seamless solution, that kicks Header Bidding into high gear, inevitably leading publishers to better fill rates and more. However, before we head into the core of the matter, let’s get the basics out of the way first.
What is Prebid and How Does it Work?
Utilizing Prebid means that as a publisher you’ll be given access to a free open source library and community, which will assist you with the implementation of Header Bidding on your respective website or app. Header bidding (also known as advance bidding or pre-bidding) denotes a programmatic technique, which gives publishers a chance to offer inventory to multiple ad exchanges simultaneously before making calls to their ad servers.Inevitably leading publishers to better #fillrates and improved ad performance. Click To Tweet
In other words, it means running SSP and Ad Exchange code directly on page so that publishers receive bids on their inventory that could be unavailable via their primary ad server and exchange.
To put it as simply as possible, when prebid kicks off it goes through various steps:
- Step 1: After the ad server tag is paused, the Prebid library fetches bids and creatives from diverse SSPs & exchanges of your choosing.
- Step 2: The price and other relevant info about the bids is passed on to the ad server’s tag on the page, which passes it to the ad server as query string parameters.
- Step 3: The ad server has line items targeting those bid parameters.
- Step 4: Should the ad server give the advantage to Prebid, the ad server then signals to Prebid instructing the library to write the selected creative to the page. Easy peasy.
Another thing that’s crucial to emphasize is the fact that the Prebid library is divided into two segments: the Prebid Core wrapper and the Prebid adapters.
Prebid Core Wrapper – Maximizes the results and advantages any decent good header bidding wrapper, should have, which includes the following:
- The bid requests are sent to partners of your choice
- Handling the bids they return
- Sending the bids into the ad server
- Events are logged for reporting
Prebid Adapters – The Prebid Adapters are plugged into Prebid Core. They are intended to be interchangeable, which of course depends on who the publisher wishes to work with. Two types of adapters can be distinguished:
- Demand Adapters: are indicate SSPs & Exchanges you prefer to work with. At present, you can expect a total of 60 demand adapters. This is why Prebid is a system that stands out. It is defined by this particular set of working header bidding integrations. Every company has their Prebid adapter in order to offer the freshest code for publishers. It’s the best solution for everyone, since the Prebid adapter successfully evades a proprietary wrapper solution attempting to reverse engineer another company’s adapter.
- Analytics adapters: While still new, but they provide info regarding revenues, latency, bid rates, and so on.
Increasing Ad Performance and Fill Rates With Prebid
There’s no denying that Prebid goes beyond traditional header bidding solutions, unlocking more advantages for publishers than ever before. In a nutshell, publishers get an improved header bidding experience, which involves:
- It’s free and it’s open source – i.e. code is open for reviewing.
- Largest repository of working Header Bidding Adapters.
- Improved user experience – asynchronous and single time-out.
- Improves overall ad performance, as fill rates.
- Prebid server runs faster auctions, thus offering an increased number of partners.
- Available tools and analytics make for easy optimization.
- Wider options for formats and channels (mobile, desktop).
BridTV Prebid.JS – Quick and Easy Implementation
For publisher who wish to jump on the bandwagon, this is the perfect opportunity. You can head over this way to check out an example of how Prebid Video can be utilized with the Brid Video player. The code’s implementation is exceedingly simple.
With the BridTV video player, things have been streamlined, and simplified to ensure a smooth implementation. All you have to do is add these script tags in the head area of your web page. After that, the code, outlined below, will appear on your web page where you wish the player to display.