Our diligent development team is constantly working on making the Brid platform up-to-date and better than ever. We have spent the entire summer adding more cool features for publishers, and various benefits that will make work easier and smoother with the BridTV 3.0 HTML5 video player. With each update BridTV is becoming bigger and better video platform.
Apart from minor fixes and polishes, this particular update features a click-through option for videos. In addition, we’ve incorporated changes to the main ad parser so this time around there are some performance improvements to ads loading and displaying.
@bridtv rolls out another update, which offers changes and fixes to the #videoplayer and CMS. Click To Tweet
The full list of BridTV Release 3.9.9 changes can be seen below:
- Added a click-through option for videos. You can now set a custom click-through URL for any video added in the CMS. This field is available on all add and edit video screens in the CMS.
- Did some minor optimizations to our main ad parser so it get’s loaded a little earlier and thus provides some minor performance improvements for loading and displaying ads.
- Fixed a bug where if you used a player in an outstream implementation and you had no pre roll set, the player would hang.
- Fixed a bug where the player would autoplay in certain implementations even though it was set to click-to-play when certain ad blockers were used.
- Fixed a bug where if you used a player in an outstream implementation and the player would not get an ad served for any reason, the video content itself would load in the background partially even though it shouldn’t.
- Fixed a bug where if you used a player in an outstream implementation with Google IMA SDK and no ad was found, the player would appear with your video content and play it back while it shouldn’t as there was no ad given to the player.
We have made an effort to really polish things up with this update, and there will be more additions to the Brid platform in the coming months, so stay tuned.