Fastest And Easiest Ways to Monetize Your Video ContentJuly 31, 2018
B2B Video Marketing Best PracticesAugust 7, 2018
Here at BridTV we always improvise and come up with new and practical ways to create incremental revenue for our publishers, while making sure not to disrupt the user experience.
One of our recent releases, the BridTV 3.0 HTML5 video player, is packed with the numerous improvements, which are aimed at optimizing the publisher’s video ad delivery while delivering the best viewing experience possible to the targeted audience.
Today, as a part of an ongoing video player/platform maintenance, we’ve rolled out a couple of new features and fixes to the player and CMS.
The biggest change we made concerns monetization. Here is a quick rundown.
- Added a dedicated ad preload option under the MONETIZATION settings of the player. Right now we have two ad preloading specific options you can enable for your Brid players: Preload ads and Preload ad contents. For more info on how this works and which one is better for your business, check our support page here.
- Exposed a new event for the player which corresponds to the Google IMA AdsManagerLoadedEvent event.
- Added support for x:x:x timestamp notation in VAST templates for skippable ads (read more about BridTV VAST 4.0 support).
- Intelligent handling of Google Chrome’s MEI so it doesn’t interfere with video and ad playback even if a users MEI is low.
- Finally, thanks to additional code refactoring we’ve enhanced the speed and performance of our player on top of previously mentioned upgrades.
Let us know if you have any questions, and thanks for your continued support of BridTV.
- Fixed a rare issue where the player would show an ad for a millisecond and then discard it.
- Fixed a rare issue where the player would not handle sound properly depending on Chrome’s MEI on the users machine.
- Fixed a rare issue where the ad source of the player was not properly reset after an ad finishes playback.
- Fixed skip ad button click area when a logo is positioned in the bottom right corner of the player.
- Minor code refactoring of the player and removed certain code which is not in use anymore.