Hello everyone! It’s been some time now since our last update, but now, we’re back! In today’s update, we bring some upgrades to our latest intelligent player sticky behavior (if you need a refresher on this feature, you can find it here), some quality of life interface changes, bug fixes, and more. Let’s dive right into the changes!
Upgrades, Quality of Life Changes, and Bug Fixes in 5.1.5
This update was focused on polishing our latest feature (player intelligent sticky behavior), improving specific parts of our interface, fixing bugs, and a few minor additions.
From today, you will be able to change thumbnail positions for our playlist widgets and will be able to add videos to playlists from the “add video” form, instead of having to revisit the “edit video” screen. On top of that, we’ve added a “Video Media Types” field when setting up your prebids where you can select specific video media file types for ad networks that ask for this setting.
Aside from the UI improvements, we’ve also upgraded video carousel code to enhance the feature’s performance, and we’ve updated our player intelligent sticky behavior to now support more banner types.
Finally, we’ve also included numerous bug fixes to make your experience as smooth as possible!
Here’s a full list of changes that come with this 5.1.5. update:
- Added support for changing thumbnail positions for playlist widgets. More information on this change here.
- You now have the option to add videos to a custom-made playlist from the “Add video” form. You won’t have to go to the edit video screen again to do such a simple action anymore.
- Added support for display banner fallback behavior so that you can now separate between desktop and mobile display.
- You can now set up specific video media types for ad networks that require this setting from the new “Video Media Types” field when adding prebids on the player level.
- Fixed a rare bug where empty pre-roll slots would prevent the player from autoplaying when used in conjunction with specific Prebid.js implementations.
- Upgraded our code that handles the editing process for video carousels to be more performant.
- Upgraded our intelligent sticky player to support more display banners types.
- Fixed a bug where our player would always append a pre-roll when using SpotX DirectAdOs player bidding in cases where no pre-roll ad slots were added on the player level.
- Fixed the automatic appending behavior of specific Google Structured data tags inside the code of playlist widgets.
- Fixed a rare bug with our sticky player implementation where the player would recalculate its position multiple times and retry sticking under particular circumstances, which would result in it going back and forth between the two states multiple times before sticking correctly.
- Fixed our ads.txt alert to now show publishers’ ads.txt status correctly.
Please don’t hesitate to send any feedback or questions our way. We’d love to hear from you!
Stay tuned for more updates!
The Brid.TV Team